If successful people walk funny, walk funny too
Success leaves a trail – follow and emulate it, it’s that simple. Always. Take any of your favorite leaders and successful people that you look up to and take inventory of what makes them so special. In the majority of the cases you will find that they are just folks like you and I. There are a few things in which they may be different than you. Those are the things to look out for. They would be the ones that you can learn from and pick up a little success along the way.
Please find below a list with attributes top notch folks are mastering:
- Perseverance: Successful folks stick it through and never give up easily.
- Focus: Intense laser like focus on making the important thing the most important thing.
- Self-awareness: Knowing thyself.
- Friendliness: Smiling and laughing – often. It’s good for your health and relationships.
- Curiosity: Having an open mind, heart, and will.
- Courage: Courage for themselves and encouraging to others.
- Risk taking and prototyping: Taking calculated risks by prototyping strategies and tactics.
- Love and inclusion: Always showing empathy and compassion as well as include people.
- Generosity: Sharing of their success and making other people just as successful.
- Integrity: Unquestionably predictable and trustworthy.
- Collaboration: Knowing how to collaborate with all stake holders.
This is just a brief listing of things to watch out for. It is a start though. Watch your favorite successful people and learn from them. Better yet, why not trying connecting with them and asking them to become your mentor? Ask for no favors, but do ask them open ended questions like who they looked up to and who inspired them to become who they have become. Success leaves a lot of trails to follow.
Do you have examples of attributes that are worth sharing? Please share them in the comment field below.