If you want to go on adventure you cannot lie in bed all day
Picture credit: Ralf Weiser, Miami at the end of a beautiful day
Summertime is here and hopefully you have made plans to go places. We are so blessed living in a country that has got so much to see and experience. One thing that I keep encouraging especially young folks is to go to new places. Meet new people. See new cities. If at all possible go and see different countries and cultures. Go camping. Take an RV to travel around. Make a point of seeing as many as possible national parks. Go try see and experience all 50 States we are blessed to have.
How many people do you know who tell you that they are all up for adventure and then never go? How many would rather stick around at home and not go outside your county? How many of those people cannot get off the sofa or bed and away from the TV or computer screen?
- Travel helps recharge your batteries. Getting away from it all makes a huge impact on how well you feel.
- Travel encourages synchronicity. Who knows whom you are destined to meet along the way of your travels? Believe in coincidence? I do not. Our paths cross for a certain reason.
- Travel broadens your horizon. No pun intended as I mean this more on the side of getting to know how many different ways the anything can be done. Therefore, it drives up tolerance for other people and how they see and do stuff. Fewer conflicts and even wars would happen if we all went and met with how every human just wants to be happy, safe, and content as well.
- Travel gets you involved in totally different circles of people. Advancement in life comes from not whom you know, but who knows you.
- Travel lets you experience gratitude and a sense of space. How blessed we truly are hits home best when you are on the road and physically get a feel for it. The sheer size and variety of our culture and the many different marvelous sites makes for a very humbling experience.
Go out and travel. As stressful as life can be, it is uplifting and incredibly refreshing to do something different even if at first it may take some effort to get going. Life is too great to waste it on the sofa or bed.