Photo credit: Ralf Weiser
Volunteering at its best makes everyone better off – especially if you do not expect anything back in return. It makes a positive difference for others, it makes you feel great, and it helps build a better and greater sense of community. Here are a few tell tale signs that could help you decide if you may be not spending enough time on it.
- You find yourself spending time only on yourself and maybe only on and with your significant other.
- Your house looks spic and span clean inside out and there is not one bit of clutter anywhere.
- You find yourself at the bar or club almost every opportunity that presents itself.
- Your friends and acquaintances have not changes in years.
- Your social media posts mainly focus on minute-by-minute details of what happened to you during the day.
- You look at your bank and credit card accounts and you notice that you only spent money on yourself.
- At the end of the day you look back and you cannot recall having done one selfless thing for another human being.
Especially this Easter holiday is a vivid and humble reminder thinking of Jesus who above all gave everything for us. Please spend a little love, time, and money on your fellow man and woman – it does not take much making a huge difference in other people’s lives.